WordPress is the worlds most popular Content Management System (CMS) – partially because most people find it easy to use, and it gives them “control: over their own website.
If you are wanting to learn how to use WordPress and trying to find out why you should consider using WordPress instead of some of the other popular Content Management Systems (such as Drupal or Joomla) but are not quite sure where to start – then this 2hr mini course is perfect for you.
This mini workshop is designed to answer the following questions for you :
- Why is WordPress so popular?
- What features does WordPress offer that would be useful for your specific needs?
- Is it really as user friendly as people say?
- What’s the difference between a Page and a Post?
- What are Themes and Plugins?
- Is WordPress suitable for my Website needs?
- What will you be able to do yourself (and what may you need assistance with)
What will you Learn?
WordPress in an hour is designed to provide anyone interested in using WordPress with the basic information you will need, to make informed choices about how to go about it. This class won’t teach you how to create your own website, but it will :
- explain the basic terms and concepts related to WordPress
- provide you with some background into the history of WordPress
- explain the differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com (and which is best for you)
- help you to understand how to take control of your own website
- allow you to better understand the standard features and functions of WordPress
- provide you with the knowledge you need so you can make an informed decision about using WordPress
- clarify what steps you should take towards getting your own WordPress website
What is in it for you ?
Attendees of this mini workshop course will :
- Learn about the benefits of a WordPress
- Gain a better understanding of WordPress features ands functions
- Understand the options associated with developing a WordPress website or blog
- Get the chance to have any of your WordPress questions answered
- Receive handout summarising terms and topics covered
How to Book
We regularly run our WordPress In an Hour mini classes most months. These workshops run for 2 hrs at either Brisbane or the Gold Coast , at a cost of just $44 (including GST). To see the next scheduled mini workshops – see our Calendar, or feel free to Contact us for more information.