This workshop is suitable for beginners and novices as well as experienced web users. This course offers hands on, interactive training and guides you through a step by step process to understanding, analysing and interpreting your websites usage statistics .
Come to terms with web statistics in a single day!
Would it help you to know how people get to your site, what they do on the site and whether they buy, contact you or use your service? This hands on workshop helps you to make sense of the numbers, and teaches you what data to focus on when making decisions about your site.
You will be guided through the setup, configuration and analysis of Google Analytics, a powerful tool that gives you a huge amount of usage data and statistics on how people find and interact with your website. You will learn how to efficiently review and interpret this data – allowing you to clearly see which areas of your website are working effectively and (more importantly) which areas can be improved in order to attract more customers and make more sales from your site.
The benefits you will gain from this hands on interactive course include
- Understanding how Web Analytics adds value to your business
- Learn how to setup Google Analytics
- Gain familiarisation with Analytics terms
- Learn how to make the most out of Google Analytics
- Understand what each of the Google Analytics Reports mean – and how to use then effectively
- Understand how to interpret them and relate them to measurable website goals
Reserve Your Spot Now
Our Web Analytics In-a-Day hands on workshop will not only teach you how to use and interpret analytics data, but will guide you through the process of analysing LIVE data from your own website. Brisbane and Gold Coast workshops are scheduled regularly each month, or you can contact us for more information or to make a booking
We cover the following in our Web Analytics training workshop:
- Overview of Web Analytics
- What is Web Analytics?
- What does it do?
- How can you use Web Analytics to improve your website
- Your website
- What are your business goals
- Purpose of website
- Importance of Goals
- Goals from participants
- Reports and features of Google Analytics
- Understanding Reports and which ones are useful
- Understanding terms used
- Setting up goals
- Tracking campaigns overview (may have more detailed version of this)
- Share accounts
- The all sources report
- Adding reports to a dashboard
- Date and comparison over time
- Creating segments
- Tracking internal search
- Avoiding double counting of the default page
- Error pages
- Custom Reports
- Common Filters and extra profiles
- ADVANCED Analytics (if time allows and dependent on audience)
- Multi channel
- Custom Variables
Because this workshop is based around the configuration of your own Google Analytics account, and analysis of your LIVE analytics data, it is a pre-requisite that you have analytics installed and running on your website for at least 4 weeks prior to attending a workshop. If you don’t already have analytics, on your website please contact us, as we may be able to talk you through the process, or direct you to one of our other workshops or mini courses where you can learn how to do this (we often install Analytics as a part of our Website In a Day and WordPress Training workshops)
When is the Next Workshop?
We run regular Web Analytics In a Day courses (for up to 8 people) in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. We also from time to time offer extra courses in both Brisbane and the Gold Coast – see our Workshops Calendar for the latest scheduled courses.
If you are unable to attend one of our scheduled courses, or if your business has special training requirements, please contact us, as we may be able tailor course content to meet your specific needs. If you have any other queries or suggestions, or would like to be notified of future courses, please Contact Us.