The fourth Round of the Business Basics Grant Program has recently been announced and opens for applications on 24th November 2022. This Grant, offered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT), provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice including fully funded activities in the following 5 areas :
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession.
The grant program will allow Queensland small and micro businesses to apply for single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
In a Day can provide you with any of the following eligible activities, and also assist you with the provision of a quote for inclusion with your grant application.
Training and Coaching
- Digital Marketing Training or Coaching
- WordPress/Website Training or Coaching
Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website redevelopment)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
This round there is a new two stage application process, giving you a much better opportunity to participate.
Registrations of Interest (ROIs) open at 9am on Thursday, 24 November 2022 and close at 11.59pm, Monday 5 December 2022. ROIs are NOT time sensitive and registrations can be completed anytime while the stage is open.
Selected registrations will then be invited to submit a full application which will be competitively assessed.
We have helped a number of our clients successfully apply for this Grant over the last couple of years so if you are interested get in touch… and you should also take a look at our Guide to Applying for QLD Government Small Business Grants.