A new round of the Business Queensland Business Boost Grant has just been announced. This Grant is designed to provide support for small to medium QLD businesses and help them to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity.
Small businesses ready to take their business to the next level are being encouraged to apply for a Business Boost grant up to $15,000.
What can the Business Boost Grant be used for ?
In a Day Training can provide you with the following eligible activities, and also assist you with the provision of an estimate for inclusion with your grant application.
Specialised and automated software
- Bespoke or complex website or application design and build, including:
- software integration
- booking systems
- customer accounts/logins
Staff management, development and planning
- Staff and Professional development and training
Previous Business Boost grant recipients have used the funds to introduce an online booking system, redevelop their website, develop a customised workplace health and safety system or train their staff.
About the Business Boost Grant
The Business Boost Grant is quite different to the Business Basics Grant offered earlier in the year in a number of important ways :
- Only QLD Businesses with a turnover between $300,000 and $600,000 (for 2020/21 financial year) are eligible
- It is Co-Funded (Business Owners need to contribute at least 30% of total project costs)
- It offers funding of $6,429 to $15,000 (or total project costs of between $10,715 and $21,429)
- Grant funding is paid after completion of the project
See the full Eligibility Rules
Two Stage Application Process
After the debacle of the 3rd Round of the Business Basics Grant Program from earlier in the year (when thousands of QLD Small Business owners spent hours preparing their application and waiting in a queue to submit – without even getting the chance), Business Queensland have thankfully revamped the whole process :
The application procedure is now a 2 stage process where everyone will get a chance to register their interest, and then selected businesses will be invited to prepare and submit a formal application
- Stage 1: Registration of Interest – from 9am, 12 August 2022 – small businesses can register interest in the grant program by completing a simple online form that collects basic business information.
- Stage 2: Full application – from 9am, 29 August 2022 – selected applications from Stage 1 will be invited to submit a full application. Businesses invited to complete an application will have two weeks to submit.
We helped a number of our clients successfully apply for this Grant in 2021 so if you are interested get in touch… and you should also take a look at our Guide to Applying for QLD Government Small Business Grants.