We are often asked if it is realistic for someone with little or no experience to be able to learn how to create their own website.
Our answer is ABSOLUTELY!!!.. as long as you use a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress.
There are many Website Builder Tools available (such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, or even Joomla or Drupal), but WordPress is far and away the most popular (accounting for more than 60% of new website builds in Australia), for a number of reasons :
- It is intuitive and easy to use
- It is Search Engine Friendly (many of the other CMSs have a reputation for performing badly for SEO)
- It is very flexible with many thousand of different themes (skins) to choose from.
- It is extensible – with 10s of thousands of plugins available to provide extra functionality
Depending on your skills/experience and functional requirements we offer a variety of different WordPress Training options
- Website in a Day Workshop – for complete beginners wanting to create a relatively simple small business website
- One on One Training – for people with an existing WordxPress website, some basic web skills, or some special functional requirements
- Remote Training – for people (worldwide) unable to attend face to face training at our Brisbane training centre
- We Build It – for those that don’t have the time or inclination to learn how to create your own website, we will build it for you to your specifications and provide you with basic training to be able to manage and update it yourself.
Here are some examples of WordPress Websites that our clients have built themselves (with a little guidance and support from us) :